Top 6 Yoga Workouts for Beginners
The best way to get the most out of yoga is to choose a workout that matches your ability and flexibility. These top 6 yoga workouts for beginners are a great place to start.
Yoga Exercise is the popular way to keep good care for your skins. We believe that a beautiful and glowing complexion is more than skin deep, which cannot be acquired by chemically treated cosmetics and beauty treatments. A glowing, flawless and supple skin shows how healthy and beautiful you are inside and it requires a healthy whole-some way of life to achieve that. But we spent lots of money on cosmetics and beauty treatments in the hope of attaining a healthy and flawless complexion and beautiful skin.
Studies have shown that a healthy life style and regular yoga/exercise helps to attain a beautiful skin and body. Yoga increases the oxygen flow in the blood which leads to more oxygen supply to the skin. It provides a natural glow to the skin and balances the Harmon level in body. Yoga nourishes the skin at the cellular level and detoxifies it. This benefits all the internal organs and particularly the endocrine glands get activated and their functioning is optimized. It reduces stress levels considerably and provides complete relaxation to mind, body and soul.
Here are some yoga exercises which particularly benefits in improving the health of your skin, makes it look glowing and relaxes the mind & body.
- Sit on your knees while buttocks resting on your heels. Spread the knees as wide as the mat, and place your hands on your thighs, palms down.
- Take a deep breath, and then exhale slowly as you bring your chest between your knees while swinging your arms forward.
- Rest your forehead on the floor, if possible, and then bring your arms around to your sides until the hands reaches either side of your feet, palms up.
- Breath gently as you holds the posture. Hold for about one to two minutes.
- Then return to upright kneeling position with your back straight and your hands on your thighs.
- Repeat the steps 1-4 for one more time at least.
Child’s pose reduces stress level, makes you calm, improves blood circulation which enhances skin glow, digestive system and stretches hips and thighs.
Corpse Pose (Shavasana) Yoga
- Lie down on the floor at your back and close the eyes.
- Let the feet fall out to either side.
- Relax the body and move away any negative thoughts and stress from the mind.
- Let the breath occur in natural way.
- Stay in the pose for 5-10 minutes.
- To come out, first take a deep breath. Then move the fingers and toes, awakening the body.
- Bring the knees into the chest and roll over to one side, keep the eyes closed.
- Slowly bring yourself back up into a sitting position.
It soothes and calms the brain, relaxes the body and help to relieve the stress and depression. Help to lower blood-pressure and rejuvenates the body.
- Chair pose starts with tadasana (Mountain Pose); take a deep breath, rise on your toes slowly and raise the arms either parallel or perpendicular to the floor. If arms are parallel then they should be facing inwards or if perpendicular, then you can join them.
- While exhaling, bend your knees and lower your hips and try to attain a posture as if you are sitting on a chair. You should to try to lower your thighs as far as possible and in such a manner that they are parallel to the floor.
- Keep the front torso straight (Perpendicular to the thighs) keeping the inner thighs parallel, as your torso will tend to lean forward, slightly over your thighs.
- Push your tailbone down and suck it in toward your pubis. This will help to keep your lower back long. Simultaneously, firm your shoulder blades against your back.
- Hold the pose for half a minute to 1 minute. To exit the pose, with an inhalation, straighten your knees, raising your arms with all the strength you can muster.
- With an inhalation, release your arms and allow them to fall to your sides and lower your legs, back into Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Repeat the pose 5-6 times. Chair pose increases the blood circulation, makes you sweat out impurities from the skin, strengthens abdominal muscles & thigh muscles, improves the digestion and helps to give you a glowing skin.
- Stand in Tadasana (refer above) as you inhale deeply, exhale slowly and bend forward from hip joints (not from waist).
- Bend from the hips while trying to keep your knees straight, bring the fingertips in line with the toes and press the palms flat.
- Bring your weight a little bit forward onto your feet so that your hips stay over the ankles.
- Let your head hang.
- Stay in the pose for half a minute to 1 minute.
Repeat the pose for 5 times. Standing Forward Bend pose stimulates the liver & kidney, calms the brain, relieves the stress & depression, strengthens thigh & knee muscles, relieves from insomnia, reduces anxiety and improves the digestion.
- Lie on the floor on your back, if required place a mattress or blanket to support your neck. Place the feet firmly on the floe while bending the knees.
- Exhale slowly and lift the hips towards ceiling by pushing feet and arms into mat. Try to keep your buttocks firm.
- Keep the arms straight, pressing them down into the mat/blanket?
- Lift your hips until your thighs are parallel to floor and try to place your knees directly above the heels.
- Pull your chest toward the chin while firming the shoulder blades against your back (Don’t try to move chin towards chest). Firm the outer arms, broaden the shoulders, and try to lift the space between them at the base of the neck (where it’s resting on the blanket) up into the torso.
- Make sure the feet stay parallel to the floor.
- Stay in the pose anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Release with an exhalation, rolling the spine slowly down onto the floor.
Bridge pose stretches the chest, neck and spine. It rejuvenates tired legs, improves digestion, and stimulates lungs and abdominal organs. It also helps in relieving menstrual discomfort and reduces anxiety and stress.
- Use a folded blanket to cushion your head.
- Place forearms on the floor and interlock your fingers.
- Place your head in between the interlocked hands.
- Raise the hips and knees slowly off the ground; straighten your legs, pressing down on toes.
- Transfer your body weight to the interlocked hands and head while balancing.
- Lift legs off the ground and bring it in a straight line with your trunk.
Stay in the pose for 5 minutes and repeat 3-4 times.
Head Stand increases blood circulation in your face and scalp. Improves hair quality and gives a glowing skin.
Practicing yoga is healthiest natural way to make your skin beautiful & glowing. There is an endless list of asanas in yoga which helps you to stay fit and look beautiful from inside. Apart from above listed asanas, you can also try:
- Kapalbhati (Breathing Exercise)
- Bridge Pose
While practicing yoga, you must make sure that you are doing right thing in right way. Otherwise it may not fetch desired results and you may end up hurting yourself. So always try a difficult pose under observation of an expert.
These moves include some of the basic poses that provide the foundation for more challenging yoga asanas. As with most yoga positions, modifications can make each asana accessible to the beginner so that you can fully experience the pose.
When you master them, you’re well on your way to building a fulfilling practice.
If you’d like a full yoga workout program designed to get you flexible and even lose some weight, make sure to check out our YogaBurn for women